Login Create Account
Chat Room 2.0
TrumpetVinny
I have at least 2 quizzes and a paper per week. Plus homework.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
Kiowa
I mean we have homework if that's what you want to call it its just really class work like reading though. I still have to type papers but I do them during class.
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
TrumpetVinny
How do you even have free time during class?
Kiowa
Photographic memory and a recorder that i listen to in the shower and while i eat
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
MrsRomo
I would get so much work going on trips. I failed my student teaching from march madness so now I have a worthless degree! Hooray for me!
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
Kiowa
you can't redo it?
#LosLynx

MrsRomo
It's complicated. I would have to redo it at UofL and I don't think they'd accept me back into the program. I might have burned my bridges there when they failed me. (The said thing is try told me I could miss the days and make them up but changed their minds. Tried to appeal it and got no where. Really sucky that I was representing the school (and getting scholarship for it) and they did that to me. I was hoping to have some athletic support but didn't :(
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
TrumpetVinny
@Kiowa No way I could do that. I can barely remember the names of the amino acids, and I'm supposed to learn all the structures? No thanks. Plus there's a lot of visual stuff that wouldn't show up on a recorder. Charts, and graphs, and mechanisms. All very visual. Tis overwhelming.
Kiowa
well maybe you can transfer somewhere and do the student teaching? I mean you might have to pay for the second chance but i think it'd be worth it.

vinny im just glad i never have to take another math class in my life.
#LosLynx

Stradivarius
psh I'm stuck in Algebra 2 and Trig right now. I'm destroying it >:) top o' duh class aw yeah
12 years later
Kiowa
lol i struggled in math i have this learning disability called dyscalculia. Yes it's a real learning disability i didn't make it up i swear. Anyways basically, you could give me verbally or visually a math problem like 79*62 i will sit there all day trying to do the problem in my head without a calculator BUT if you were to make it into a word problem i'd knock it out fast.
#LosLynx

MrsRomo
That's really interesting! Lots of people struggle with word problems... I'm just bad at math in general
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Kiowa
aye if you gonna be a teacher study up you'll have all kinds of students with disabilities and they'll look just like you or I
#LosLynx

TrumpetVinny
I was great at math, but I'm dyslexic. Sometimes I would check my answer and I'd be wrong, work for like a half hour, check again, and I'd just read it wrong. It makes some science classes a real pain.
Kiowa
Cool story about dyslexia. I forget his name but there was a father who had a son with it and he invented these glasses that got rid of dyslexic syptoms. and you type pretty good for a guy with that issue
#LosLynx

MrsRomo
Yeah, we had our different learning abilities class, we had just never talked about that one.

I'm so excited! I just got a second job, which is going to help out a LOT for saving for my move to Orlando. Celebrating by having a wine night tonight!
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Kiowa
luuucky theres a no alcohol policy for our team
#LosLynx

Kiowa
aye if i don't make it into the wnba and i get a job in my degree which most likely would be at some college ive thought about getting my music ed degree on the side
#LosLynx

MrsRomo
Haha I remember one time on a trip, Becky came to our hotel room to ask someone a question and we were all just sitting there drinking. She was like "I had no idea you all had all this alcohol on trips"
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
MrsRomo
I thought about music Ed but I'm awful at my instrument lol
MrsRomo
Director